Pursuant to applicable data protection regulations, we inform you that your personal data will be collected and processed including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address and telephone number, your city and/or country of origin and/or residence. The personal data you voluntary provide will be processed by Fellows of Politecnico di Milano.US, Inc., as Data Controller (also “Charity”), for the following purposes:
- MANAGEMENT OF THE DONATION to which you have committed and for the execution of all the operations connected with and consequential to the disbursement of the donation such as, e.g. the operations connected to the collection and issuance of receipts, electronic transmission of the data related to your donation through a bank, post office or through other services; the legal basis of the processing for the purpose of MANAGEMENT OF THE DONATION is the execution of the contract to which you are party and the fulfillment of legal obligations
- individual REPORTING to the donor to show the effective and efficient use of your donation by the Charity, both in terms of social impact (i.e. compliance with the statutory purposes and ethical principles of the Charity) and as a clear statement of the principle of encouraging the participation of its members in the activities of the Charity. The legal basis for processing for the purpose of REPORTING is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller
- NEWSLETTER to contact you, including with automated tools and also with traditional mail, in order to inform you about the charitable and fundraising initiatives promoted by the Charity through targeted and personalized communications in line with your interests, through the analysis of the effectiveness of the charitable initiatives (including through questionnaires/surveys, tags within electronic communications or social networks). This activity may be carried out by sending communications of an informative and promotional nature related to projects, activities and fundraising initiatives, participation in events as well as surveys reserved to donors and other individuals who have previously expressed an interest in the Charity’s fundraising activities. The legal basis of the processing for the purpose of NEWSLETTER is the consent. This purpose is akin to the purpose defined “Fidelization” identified by Italian Data Protection Authorities when answering to charity sector with reference to processing donors’ personal data (doc. web n. 9058954 www.gpdp.it).
Should you decide to provide us with your personal data, we inform you that they will be processed by personnel authorized by the Data Controller and will be stored:
- for Purpose a): the Personal Data for the purpose of MANAGEMENT OF THE DONATION will be stored for the time strictly necessary to ensure the proper processing of the donation and, in any case, for a period not exceeding 10 years after the disbursement of the donation, unless the personal data is needed in order to comply with legal obligations or to enforce a right in court.
- for Purpose b): the Personal Data for the purpose of REPORTING will be stored for the time strictly necessary to ensure the proper processing of the individual reporting to the donor and, in any case, for a period not exceeding 10 years after the disbursement of the donation, unless the personal data is needed in order to comply with legal obligations or to enforce a right in court.
- for Purpose c): the Personal Data for the purpose of NEWSLETTER will be stored for a period of ten years after the donation has been executed, in order to contact you again during the following ten years to promote other charitable and fundraising initiatives. In any case, your personal data may also be deleted if you revoke your consent to the processing.
Under no circumstances will your personal data will be divulged but they may be transmitted to third parties who carry out, on behalf of the Data Controller, specific activities to guarantee the correct pursuit of the aforementioned purposes. The Data Controller avails itself of the collaboration of Fondazione Politecnico di Milano, duly appointed as Data Processor pursuant to Article 28 of the GDPR (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), located in the Europe. The transfer of your data will take place in accordance with the GDPR (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). Fondazione Politecnico di Milano has appointed Politecnico di Milano as its Data Processor.
Fondazione Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Milano value social responsibility initiatives and promotes continuous education activities.
Finally, we would like to remind you that you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, the origin, purposes and methods of processing, updating, rectification, integration as well as erasure of data processed in violation of the law. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe the rights indicated herein have not been recognized. To exercise your rights, you can contact the Data Controller by writing to Fellows of Politecnico di Milano.US, Inc., with registered office in 11 E 44th st, Suite 800, New York, NY 10017, email: email@example.com